Join to ICS

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Neighborhood Violence

OK we're headed into the 4Th of July weekend...yes, I am afraid. My block usually looks like a war zone the next day, smoke hanging in the air, litter, broken pieces of just about everything-but without the body count. This year, I'm not too sure.
With the battle lines already drawn, I have to figure out how to safely leave-staying in isn't an option. Oh, next door has added a new element to an already confused situation-dogs! Pit bulls in fact-oh goodie!
So far, this week at least, the police haven't been seen as frequently, I'm not sure if that's necessarily a good sign....
What's happening here in my little piece of the American dream is not unusual...decay and apathy are common occurrences in any urban setting-I don't live anywhere else-I live here, and for now, I'll have to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment