Join to ICS

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Same Question Different Day (sqdd-skid)

This is actually another question, but I just left the title-I like it. With the present state of our economy, you would think people with jobs would do anything and everything in their power to keep them. But...I've been noticing a rampant case of apathy-fast food industry especially. Yes, food service is possibly on the low rung of the employment ladder but. Due to laziness on my part, jammed packed schedules, we eat our fair share of fast food, they're just so convenient. It seems that every other visit I encounter yet another assault to by customer senses.
A packed lobby, multiple cars lining the drive through-and employees hanging on the counter placing their food order! Work ethic people-I know, I can hear it "how old am I?" Is that really the point? Then of course there is the inevitable messed up order. I have now made it a practice to stop, hold up traffic and all to check what's in the bag-yes, I am one of those-but money is tight let's get it right! My youngest is venturing into the job market this summer-the fast food industry will soon grab and gobble her up-I hope she's learned a thing or two from us-then again I think I'll just have to stay away.

No comments:

Post a Comment